Guide to Two-Stroke Engines--Troubleshooting, Repair & Maintenance
Basic Automobile Maintenance and Repair
Automotive Industry Career and Job Guide
How to Save on Your Automobile Expenses
Automotive Industry Career and Job Guide:
Guide to Troubleshooting and Repairing Diesel Engine
Automobile Maintenance and Repair Guide:
1. Money Matters: A Yearly Event • Economics
2. The Philosophy of Car Care: The Proud Japanese • Taking Care of What You Own
3. Oil Lubrication: Theory of Lubrication • Viscosity • More About Oil • Dirt • Oil Filters • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
4. Grease Lubrication: What is lt? • What Does It Do? • Where Is It Used? • White Grease • Manual Transmission/Rear Axle/Steering Gear Box Lubricant • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
5. Automatic Transmissions: Torque Converter • Gear Train • Hydraulic Control System • Transmission Housing • Automatic Transmission Fluids • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
6. Wear of Tires, Hoses, Belts, and Other Rubber Parts: Theory of Wear • Tires • Hoses • Belts • Other Rubber Parts • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
7. Shocks, Mufflers, and Brakes: Shock Absorbers • The Exhaust System • Brakes • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
8. Mechanical Tune-Ups: Carburetion • Bolting • Compression and Vacuum • Fuel Pump • Valves • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
9. Electrical Tune-Ups: The Car Battery • Electrical Connections and Wiring • Spark Plugs • Distributor, Alternator, and Timing • Starters • Electronic Ignition • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
10. An Integrated Tune-Up: General Procedure • The Correct Steps • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
11. Car Body Care: Inside • Outside • Shelter • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
12. The Cooling System: Types • Components • Air Conditioning-Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
13. When Trouble Strikes: Warning Lights and Alarms • Signs, Sounds, and Odors • Organizations • Spare Parts • Emergency Tool Sets • Summary of Recommendations • Mechanic’s Tips
14. Year-Round Driving Tips: Spring, Summer, and Fall-Winter Driving
15. Putting It All Together: Schedules • Record Keeping • Dealer Contact • When to Sell
16. Minor Maintenance Activities: Oil and Filter Changes • The Grease Job • Automatic Transmission Service • Changing V-Belts • Changing Hoses • Changing Tires • Servicing Shocks and Mufflers • Degreasing the Engine • Servicing a Carburetor • Servicing the Battery • Cleaning and Gapping the Spark Plugs • Servicing the Distributor • Repairing Minor Rust • Flushing the Cooling System
A Short Course in Buying a Used Car
Dictionary of Automotive Terms
Our merchant partner has recognized changes in the automotive customization and restoration marketplace since its inception and has always placed customer satisfaction at the forefront. There has been greater demand for products geared to muscle cars, street rods, trucks, and motorcycles in addition to the classics and vintage automobiles over the last several years. The recent growth of the sport tuner market has also placed a demand on our merchant partner for innovative products that make projects easier and the hobby more satisfying. Our merchant partner continues to add high quality, pioneering products to their line. Hotcoat has expanded to allow the coating of much larger parts and new lines of automotive accessories allow the customer to use our merchant partner as a one-stop-shop for both restoration and customization needs.
Our merchant partner is a leader in automotive restoration. Here's why...
Better Than Paint - our merchant partner's Hotcoat powdercoating system revolutionized home workshops in 1997. By bringing an economical and easy to use powdercoating system into the garage, the DIY hobbyist automatically had another alternative to paint - an alternative that was more durable, shinier and easily lent itself to custom work. In September of 1998, our merchant partner received the Pennsylvania Governor's award for "Environmental Excellence" for the HotCoat Powder Coating System. This product, developed exclusively by our merchant partner, was recognized for its low environmental impact. HotCoat also received the Automotive Restoration Market Organization's "Best New Product" award for 1999.
In 2003, the introduction of the our merchant partner's Interchangeable English Wheel and Planishing Hammer brought these high-end metal shaping tools to a wider audience. Utilizing a common rigid frame enabled economical manufacture to allow our merchant partner to offer both of these tools for under $1000.00. Our merchant partner's greatest advocate is and has been their customers. By listening to customer needs, our merchant partner has been able to develop better tools, processes and techniques.
Hypermiling / Eco-driving tips ...
1) Drive less
a) Live closer to work;
2) Park and ride (bicycle)
The "park and ride" concept can also be applied to carpooling and mixed private/public transit travel.
3) Attend a driving clinic
4) Clean junk from your trunk
5) Let the most efficient driver drive
6) Join a fuel economy forum
7) Remove unused roof racks
8) Check tire inflation regularly
Remember that pressure is affected by ambient temperature. As temperature drops, so does your tire pressure, so keep track as the seasons change.
9) Track your fuel consumption
Get in the habit of saving all your fuel receipts, recording distance traveled and fuel economy (MPG). Keep a small notebook to record trip type and new techniques employed to monitor your progress.
While the slower pace of tank-to-tank feedback isn't ideal for feedback on driving technique, recording and monitoring your "big picture" progress is great motivation.
See the Ecomodder Blog for more information on tracking fuel consumption.
10) Use a fuel consumption display
Tank-to-tank monitoring of your consumption is not good enough. You need instrumentation that lets you reset the readout at will so you can track individual trips, or even portions of trips you regularly travel.
Options for vehicles without factory installed fuel economy computers include the commercial ScanGauge and PLX Kiwi. Open source choices include the MPGuino and SuperMID. Even the venerable vacuum gauge can help you improve efficiency when driving with load / target driving.
Get information about fuel consumption displays on the efficiency mods list.
Route selection and trip timing ...
Main Catalog: Everything Automotive: Parts, Accessories, Gifts
The Repair of Vehicle Bodies: Fifth Edition
Features and Benefits:
* The leading vehicle body repair text for both class and professional workshop
The most comprehensive construction, repair and finishing of vehicle bodies text. Fully covers the underpinning knowledge needed for the Automotive Skills Council vehicle body and paint operations requirements, City and Guilds 3980 Vehicle Body Repair Competence courses and the NVQ and the Progression Awards of both City and Guilds and the Institute of the Motor Industry at levels 2 and 3.
Essential reading for all those involved in the trade and insurance assessment, as well as for professional vehicle restorers and DIY enthusiasts working on the restoration or adaptation of classic and modern cars.
From the Back Cover:
This well respected book has been revised and updated, with new sections and questions covering all aspects of construction, repair and finishing for Vehicle Body Repair students. Serving as a comprehensive manual, the book fully covers the underpinning knowledge needed for the Automotive Skills Council vehicle body and paint operations requirements, IMI Body Repair and Refinishing Technical Certificates (VRQs) and National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), City and Guilds 3980 Vehicle Body Repair Competence courses, and the NVQ and Progression Awards of both City and Guilds and the Institute of the Motor Industry at levels 2 and 3.
The most comprehensive text on the construction, repair and finishing of vehicle bodies. Updated and revised to meet the latest Automotive Skills standards, IMI Technical Certificate curriculum and NVQ requirements. Ideal for body repair work, refinishing, painting and hobby vehicle builders
This text is essential reading for all those involved in body repair work or in insurance assessment, as well as for professional vehicle restorers and DIY enthusiasts working on the restoration or adaptation of classic and modern cars.
Forward; Preface; Glossary; Abbreviations and symbols; The history, development and construction of the car body; Health and safety; Hand and power tools; Metals and non-metals used in vehicle bodies; Metal forming processes and machines; Measuring and marking out instruments; Methods of joining; Soft and hard soldering methods; Gas welding, gas cutting and plasma arc cutting; Electric resistance welding; Manual metallic arc welding; Gas shielded arc welding; Craft techniques and minor accident damage; Major accident damage; Bodyshop planning; Reinforced composite materials; Automotive finishing and refinishing; Modern apprenticeship topics; Index.
Abrasive Blasting items
Get started in auto painting with this great starter set: 2 Devilbiss Finishline HVLP Paint Guns for $99.99!
Body & Fender / Tools & Supplies
Buffing & Metal Finishing Supplies
HotCoat Powder Coating - Powder coating is a durable alternative to painting. Click the link to see our how-to video!
Pinstriping, Airbrushing and Custom Art Guns, Supplies, Templates, and Stencils
Rust Encapsulator Beats POR 15 in Independent Tests!
Free 50lb bag of media with Purchase of a Soda Blaster
Free shipping on all CoverCraft Car Covers, Motorcycle Covers, Tonneau Covers, & Seat Covers!
Improve performance and update your vehicle with our complete line of Diagnostic and Tune-up Tools!
Welding: Huge selection of Mig, Tig, Arc, and Stick Welders, plasma cutters, welding tools and supplies
House of Kolor high quality custom paint products!
These web sites also contain products and information that you may find useful:
Modified: Sunday, May 24, 2020 3:13 PM